- Research Protocols - submit and track Animal Care, Biosafety, Human Ethics and Conflict of Interest applications and declarations respectively
- Grants Administration - online administration of grants
- Extended Reporting - online reporting tool for funding administration at UBC
Steps to follow for First Time Users Applying Online First you need to apply for a Campus-Wide Login (CWL) Account (proceed to the "Login to RISe" section below if you already have a CWL Account)
- Go to http://www.it.ubc.ca/cwl/homelink.shtml
- Follow the instructions for setting up a Standard CWL Account. UBC employees should sign up as either Faculty, Staff, or Student. Non UBC employees are advised to select the Basic Account option.
- Complete your identification information and choose your own CWL username and password.
- Once your account has been created, you will be prompted to check your email for a confirmation message whereupon you are expected to validate your email address.
Second, for the initial login only, you may need a Researcher Account/Number. (If you entered your employee ID when registering for your CWL you DO NOT need a Researcher Account/Number)If you do not know whether a Researcher account exists for you, please email email@example.com and provide the administrator with the following information. The RISe administrator will email you the researcher number upon receiving your request
- Business Email Address
- Business Telephone Number
- UBC Department of Affiliation (if none, provide the name of your Institution and Department)
- UBC Rank
- UBC Employee ID (If applicable)
- UBC Student ID (If applicable)
Login to RISe
- Once you have your CWL username and password visit the RISe website (http://www.rise.ubc.ca) where you will be prompted to enter your CWL upon initial RISe Login to the Research Protocols and Grants Adminisration module. Depending on the nature of your account, during the initial login you may or may not be prompted to enter the researcher number provided to you. On subsequent logins you will only be asked for your CWL username and password.
- Upon initial login, you will be prompted to review and update your account information. Make sure your profile is correct and up-to-date and hit 'Apply' to continue.
- For detailed instructions on how to complete specific tasks, select the "User Tutorials" tab from your “My Home” page and consult the appropriate set of guidelines.