As you may be aware, UBC embarked a few years ago on the massive Integrated Renewal Project to replace PeopleSoft Finance and HR systems with Workday Finance and HR. Final transition strategies are being delivered across the UBC campus to make sure that the transfer to Workday will be as seamless as possible.
This change in systems has required a major retrofit of the RISe system to accommodate the integration and functional requirements of both systems. We are happy to report that RISe is well positioned for the change and is ready for Workday Go-Live on Nov. 2, 2020.
As with any enterprise system implementation, it’s important to recognize that the shift to Workday may not be perfect at go-live. However, we are fully committed to supporting our units. After two years of working towards the Workday implementation, there is an excitement at UBC to see the new system operational.
- Minimal changes to current business processes in and between business units
- Improvements to numerous RISe features (e.g., Grant Renewal Process, revised format RPB)
- Continued support on “Speed Chart” to faculties
- Search Functionality in RISe includes new attributes/ IDs: Award ID (e.g., AWD-000888) Grant/Award Line ID (e.g., GR005555) Award Group ID (e.g., AG00396)
- New integrations between RISe and Workday for Grant module and Person Data
- Employee Data for UBC Employees is integrated from Workday. UBC Employment records can only be updated in Workday, and users can modify their additional job positions in RISe
- The existing RISe Financial Dashboard will be sunsetted, and RISe users will need to log into Workday to access a more robust version
- Rise software was adjusted to accommodate the data field changes required by the Workday implementation (e.g., Award layer representing one Sponsor, Award Groups, Award Lines/Grants, including adjustments to Budget and Budget Amendments)
On November 3rd, each user accessing RISe will be prompted to carefully review profile information and make sure the updated information is accurate.
There should be minimal impact to researchers. However, there will be minor changes to updating your RISe profile.
There will be some changes to grants, and minor changes to updating your RISe profile.
The RISe Financial Dashboard has been sunsetted, and RISe users will need to log into Workday to access a more robust version. For questions or issues on accessing this, please contact ISC Support.
Phone: (604) 822-8200 (UBCV)
Phone: (250) 807-8163 (UBCO)
RISe General Support
Phone: (604) 878-7473 or (604) 827-4449
Phone: (604) 822-8582