Are you new to RISe and looking for information on how to gain access to the system?
Find out information how to register for a RISe account below.
How to Register for RISe Access
First-time users who are UBC faculty, students or staff are now able to self-register for an account in RISe.
Before you get started, please ensure you have the following information handy:
- Work Telephone Number
- UBC Department of Affiliation (if none, provide the name of your Institution and Department)
- UBC Rank
In order to register for RISe, you must have a Campus-Wide Login (CWL) account.
How to register for a CWL
If you do not have a CWL account, follow these steps:
- Go to https://it.ubc.ca/services/accounts-passwords/campus-wide-login-cwl
- Click on “Create a CWL Account”
- Follow the instructions for setting up a Standard CWL Account. UBC employees should sign up as Faculty, Staff, or Student. Non UBC employees are advised to select the Basic or Guest Account option.*
- Complete your identification information and choose your own CWL username and password.
- Once your account has been created, you will be prompted to check your email for a confirmation message whereupon you are expected to validate your email address.
*If you sign up for a basic or guest account, you will not be able to self-register yourself for a RISe account. You will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access to RISe.
Steps to Register for a RISe Account
- On the RISe website (www.rise.ubc.ca), click on the “Research Information Services Register” button.
- Enter in your CWL Login name and Password and click “Continue”.
- Click on “Register New Account”. You will only see this option if you have signed in with your Student or Employee CWL account.
- Fill out the registration form and then click “Register”.
- You will be brought to your profile page. Make sure to check your information and make changes if necessary.
- Click on “submit” at the bottom of your profile page. Your account will become active and you will be able to complete a conflict of interest declaration and begin working on your ethics applications.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
If you do not have a UBC student, faculty or employee CWL account, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- *Title (e.g., Dr., Mr., Ms, etc.):
- *Full First name/Middle initial/Last name:
- *Work E-mail address:
- *Work Telephone number:
- *Dept./UBC Affiliation:
- Main work location (if at hospital):
- UBC Employee number (if available): ** Required for Principal Investigator status
- UBC Student number (if available):
(*Indicates required information)
Are you wondering what browser to use when accessing the RISe system? Find out which browsers are compatible with RISe under Browser Support Information.