Are you new to RISe and looking for information on how to gain access to the system?
Find out information how to register for a RISe account below.
How to Register for RISe Access
First-time users who are UBC faculty, students or staff are now able to register themselves for an account in RISe.
Before you get started, please ensure you have the following information handy:
- Business Telephone Number
- UBC Department of Affiliation (if none, provide the name of your Institution and Department)
- UBC Rank
In order to register for RISe, you must have a Campus-Wide Login (CWL) account.
How to register for a CWL
If you do not have a CWL account, follow these steps:
- Go to https://it.ubc.ca/services/accounts-passwords/campus-wide-login-cwl
- Click on “Create a CWL Account”
- Follow the instructions for setting up a Standard CWL Account. UBC employees should sign up as Faculty, Staff, or Student. Non UBC employees are advised to select the Basic or Guest Account option.*
- Complete your identification information and choose your own CWL username and password.
- Once your account has been created, you will be prompted to check your email for a confirmation message whereupon you are expected to validate your email address.
*If you sign up for a basic or guest account, you will not be able to self-register yourself for a RISe account. You will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access to RISe.
Steps to Register for a RISe Account
- On the RISe website (www.rise.ubc.ca), click on the “Research Information Services Register” button.
- Enter in your CWL Login name and Password and click “Continue”.
- Click on “Register New Account”. You will only see this option if you have signed in with your Student or Employee CWL account.
- Fill out the registration form and then click “Register”.
- You will be brought to your profile page. Make sure to check your information and make changes if necessary.
- Click on “submit” at the bottom of your profile page. Your account will become active and you will be able to complete a conflict of interest declaration and begin working on your ethics applications.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
If you do not have a UBC student, faculty or employee CWL account, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- *Title (e.g., Dr., Mr., Ms, etc.):
- *Full First name/Middle initial/Last name:
- *Email address:
- *Telephone number:
- *Dept./UBC Affiliation:
- Main work location (if at hospital):
- UBC Employee number (if available): ** Required for Principal Investigator status
- UBC Student number (if available):
(*Indicates required information)
Are you wondering what browser to use when accessing the RISe system? Find out which browsers are compatible with RISe under Browser Support Information.